Debian Games Pure Blend

Hi all,

I have updated the Debian Games Pure Blend [1] [2] and I think that all
task files are polished enough for an upload to NEW now. The main goal
of this project is to make it easy for users to install a selection of
specific games, like chess or simulation games. The tasks are still
based on DebTags categories but they have been checked by hand for
consistency and usability. The new blend installs only games from main.
I have also added two new tasks for installing console games and
emulators and a third one that promotes "Debian's finest games".

Games which show up there were chosen due to popularity (popcon value),
unique gameplay, look and feel, aesthetics, fun factor and a good
portion of subjectivity. I don't claim that the list is set in stone.
You can bribe me if your game should be included in there. The goal was
to present outstanding games from different genres. Another idea for the
future might be to create a "finest-light" task that installs only
smaller and less hardware demanding games or more developer oriented
tasks but that's just an idea.

I have removed KDE and Gnome 3 specific games modules because it is
possible to install them via separate metapackages. I also wanted to
avoid that core components of these desktop environments are installed
and mixed together.

At the moment I'm thinking about the next steps. I feel I'm more
interested in learning how to create a Debian Live DVD/usb stick for
games, so I think this could be the next goal.

If you are interested in this project please let me know about your
ideas and suggestions.

Regards,

Markus

[1] http://blends.debian.org/games/tasks/