Re: cube2 and cube2-data ready for tests

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:

> Based on Paul's proposal I also updated sauerbraten-wake6 and renamed it
> to cube2-data. The new source package consists of
>
> - the wake6 map
> - core textures and icons from the Bananabread game

It sounds like an interesting demo but I definitely didn't propose
that. I would have suggested this instead:

Rename sauerbraten-wake6 to wake6 (or maybe cube2-wake6).

Package bananabread.

> or you can start wake6 directly with
>
> cube2 -lwake6

I guess we want FDO/Debian menu files in the wake6 package for that,
so that users who aren't familiar with the command-line can play the
map.

> I see the following possibilities:

I'd suggest:

Drop cube2-data.

Rename sauerbraten-wake6 to wake6.

bananabread source package producing a bananabread package for non-web
users. If any files from this are needed by wake6, split those out
into a -common or similar package.

cube2-web and if needed bananabread-web packages might be interesting
but I'm not sure it would get many people installing it? I wonder how
feasible a Debian architecture for compiling software to JavaScript
is, or if a piecemeal approach is better with only packages that have
been adapted to that getting compiled to JavaScript.

> Check out this very impressive demo:
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/detail/bananabread

That is amazing.

It is also extremely disturbing the amount of attack surface bloat
that has gone into browsers in recent years. I wonder if that was one
of the NSA's genius ideas under the ORCHESTRA programme.

http://video.fosdem.org/2014/Janson/Sunday/NSA_operation_ORCHESTRA_Annual_Status_Report.webm

--
bye,
pabs