Re: source for artwork

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 06:35:20PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Sylvain <beuc@debian.org> [2014-02-23 11:42:45 CET]:
> > I guess that you do *not* recommend that we should accept any "art"
> > provided it's freely licensed, do you?
>
>  If it's freely licensed, why not?

Because you technically cannot modify it, like an obfuscated source code.

> > - huge all-bundled binary with no released tool to modify
>
>  Then those aren't really following their own license probably, if it's a
> DFSG compatible free license.

That one was Beneath A Steel Sky.

Apparently I wasn't clear enough that 5 first use cases where examples
of "we need source code" and last 2 "there's hardly any source code".

You say we agree (we need art source form when there's one) so let's
end it there.

--
Sylvain