Re: deng/doomsday in need of a maintainer/uploader

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 23:14:15 +0900
"Jonathan Dowland" <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Jamie,
>
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 10:49:40PM +0900, Jamie Jones wrote:
> > It's been a while since I last worked on Doomsday, and it appears
> > that newer versions have changed quite a bit, but I'm interested.
>
> That's great to hear! Sorry for not replying sooner.

Understandable, Debian has been quite busy lately. I've also been busy,
so my own responses are tardy.

> > I am not Debian Developer or Debian Maintainer, so I may need some
> > hand holding while I get up to speed with current practices.
>
> That's fine. My advice would be to focus on grokking the current
> package as a prerequisite before anything else. You don't need to be
> a DD or a DM to work on a package, it's a sensible thing to go for if
> you decide to stick with it but initially, see if you can get the
> current package to build, see if you can understand how it fits
> together, and we take it from there?

Certainly, I'll set aside some time this weekend to get up to speed
with it.

Regards,
Jamie
--
Jamie Jones
Email: yagisan@yagisan.org

GPG/PGP signed mail preferred.
PGP Key ID 0x4B6E7209
Fingerprint E1FD 9D7E 6BB4 1BD4 AEB9 3091 0027 CEFA 4B6E 7209