Re: Let's party: current status of our Jessie release goal and next meeting

On 13.02.2014 00:16, Paul Wise wrote:
[...]

>> *sheesh* Why do you have to live on the dark side of the moon? Well, I
>> think you don't miss much on IRC at the moment.
>
> At this stage it looks like the upside-down people on the dark side of
> the moon will outnumber other games party goers :)

Hooray, that makes me special. Let's wait and see. The cool and
important people always come late to the party. :)

>> DebTags is basically the buzz word for adding meta information to Debian
>> packages.
>
> "buzz word" is probably not the phrase you are looking for. DebTags is
> the name of a project started by Enrico ZIni for adding multi-faceted
> tags to Debian (and now Ubuntu) packages.

Hmm, according to my hungarian dictionary, "buzz word" or "buzzword"
makes sense but I admit "phrase" doesn't sound bad either. Thanks for
the hint, much appreciated!

[...]
>> Most games already provide such tags but not all of them are correct.
>
> Do we have a mechanism to find games that need tagging? Or to sort
> games by the amount of work their debtags might need? Perhaps we could
> get the UDD folks to whip up a script for this.

To begin with you could search for all packages that are tagged
"use::gameplaying" but don't have a game facet. This will give you a
small list of packages which should be reviewed.

debtags search '!game::* && use::gameplaying'

Ideally there was a mechanism in place that would tag all packages in
section games with "use::gameplaying" automatically thus we could find
such packages more quickly in the future.

http://blends.debian.org/games/tasks/main

This page is quite useful for our task because it lists all games in
main with links to their corresponding debtags pages.

Regards,

Markus