Re: Let's party: current status of our Jessie release goal and next meeting

On 12.02.2014 02:28, Paul Wise wrote:
[...]
>> Preferably this event should last 24h at some weekend in March, so that
>> everyone around the globe gets a chance to participate. Proposed
>> topics/actions: JessieReleaseGoal, DebTags, screenshots, bug triaging
>> and fixing.
>
> Are we going to do all of those things? The initial idea for parties
> was more focussed.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Parties

I thought giving people different choices to work on would be a good
idea. I'm completely okay with just updating all debtags for games but I
won't stop anybody from working on something else.

> I would suggest a debtags party. We will need a wiki page about the
> party (like the screenshots one), lots of promotion and a web page
> with a list of games that need debtags work with links to the debtags
> edit pages for them. We should also contact the debtags maintainers to
> keep them informed and or available to help approve/moderate the tags.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Parties/Screenshots

I volunteer for creating the wiki page and contacting the debtags
maintainers. Perhaps they grant me some rights so I can do the approval
myself. The moderation can also happen after the party, in a timely
manner, when everyone is sober again.

I would appreciate some feedback about the promotion part and some
volunteers who want to advertise this event.

>> Please declare your intention on what weekend and time (or better time
>> frame) you want to attend. [2] Everyone is welcome.
>
> Added.

Thanks,

Markus