Re: Add a new lintian check for our release goal

Am 18.08.2013 19:54, schrieb Anton Balashov:
> 8/18/13 9:30 PM, Tobias Hansen wrote:
>>
>> There are files in /usr/games that don't need a desktop file. For
>> example bsnes ships:
>>
>> /usr/games/bsnes
>> /usr/games/bsnes-accuracy
>> /usr/games/bsnes-compatibility
>> /usr/games/bsnes-performance
>>
>> The alternatives system sets which of the three other binaries is used
>> when bsnes is run. I only want a desktop file for bsnes (and I also want
>> the other binaries in /usr/games).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tobias
>>

> Tobias, you right, thanks.
> We need to find a good algorithm for check. Maybe check if there is
> /usr/bin/* then must be at least one menu and desktop files?
>
> Make yours variants and votes :)

In /usr/bin there are far too many command line programs to introduce
such a check. There are also some in /usr/games such as
/usr/games/fortune, but maybe there are so few of them that we could
expect them to override the lintian check.

Cheers,
Tobias