Re: Add a new lintian check for our release goal

Am 18.08.2013 19:18, schrieb Anton Balashov:
> 8/18/13 8:32 PM, Markus Koschany пишет:
>> As a first step I suggest to file a bug against Lintian asking for an
>> implementation that checks whether all source packages in section "games"
>> ship a desktop and menu file. It should be doable to add a filter that
>> excludes -data or -dbg packages from the check.
>
> I deem this filter is not needed, because (IMHO) lintian should check
> what there are a menu and desktop files which links to each /usr/games.
> I mean not just existing a files. I mean there are no /usr/games/* in a
> package which are not linked by those files. By that we will avoid mistakes.
> Do you agree with that?

There are files in /usr/games that don't need a desktop file. For
example bsnes ships:

/usr/games/bsnes
/usr/games/bsnes-accuracy
/usr/games/bsnes-compatibility
/usr/games/bsnes-performance

The alternatives system sets which of the three other binaries is used
when bsnes is run. I only want a desktop file for bsnes (and I also want
the other binaries in /usr/games).

Cheers,
Tobias