Re: Request Package Review

  Hello,

  Just reacting on one detail.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Steven Hamilton <oz@scorch.net> wrote:
>> You've bumped the debhelper compat version and dependency to 9, but you haven't
>> touched the rules file. I'm just wondering if you are relying on a particular
>> debhelper version 9 feature.
>
> Is the best practise to only bump the version if you need to?

  debhelper relies on this number to interpret arguments/options to
various bits and contents of debhelper files under debian/. While on
many recent packages bumping the compat number doesn't have much
effect, it can pretty much screw up the package in older ones. Make
sure you read debhelper(7) and understand everything written about
compat levels there before touching that.

  Cheers,

      Vincent