Re: RFA: gamazons, opencity

On Tue, 24. Dec 08:35 "Stephen M. Webb" <stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca> wrote:
> On 12/24/2013 07:34 AM, Christoph Egger wrote:
> >
> > The packages in subject do not have any uploader listed apart from
> > me. I'm currently removing some packages that I haven't looked at,
> > haven't used and am not really interested in for years. They both didn't
> > require any action in the last 2 years or so. If you want, they can stay
> > in pkg-games, otherwise I'll get them orphaned/removed
>
> They're maintained by the Debian Games Team, why would you orphan or remove them?

Hi Christoph,

thanks for the reminder. I'm interested in keeping these packages in
shape, probably there is some time after the festive season. However I'd
appreciate that a team DD lent a helping hand for reviewing and sponsoring.

I made a similar suggestion for assaultcube and enemylines7 a while ago
and it seemed everyone agreed with this procedure:

Sending a mail to the list and filing a RFA if nobody is interested in
becoming an uploader. I think orphaning and removing a package is a last
resort but absolutely justified if nobody cares about it.

I would like to take the opportunity to hint at some RC bugs in packages
of the Debian Games Team. I've prepared some patches and I'd be glad for
your (meaning all of you out there) feedback.

Regards and Frohe Feiertage

Markus