Re: Fedora games that are not packaged for Debian yet

Hi,

On 07/31/2013 12:12 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:
Hi!

On 29.07.2013 20:41, Hans de Goede wrote:
[...]
You can find the latest version of this meta-data here:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/comps.git/tree/comps-f20.xml.in

This list is well hidden. :) Thanks!

Is funguloids packaged for Debian ?

Yes, it is. http://packages.debian.org/sid/funguloids

If not you should really package it it is cool. While making recommendations,
I'm myself also a big fan of lacewing and overlord, both of which are
not packaged for Debian yet AFAIK.

You're right. Hmm, overlord doesn't ring a bell here or did you mean
overgod?

Yes, my bad.

I have created a wiki page about Fedora games that are not packaged for
Debian yet.

https://wiki.debian.org/Games/FedoraGamesNotInDebian

Great, here are some notes from me on the games listed:

-armacycles-ad:
 This is armagetron-ad renamed because of trademark worries
-clonekeen
 Requires original Keen shareware (or registered) datafiles, we provide
 a script (with a gui) to download the shareware files to the users homedir
-lbrickbuster2
 This is lbreakout2 renamed because of trademark worries
-urbanterror + worldofpadman
 Fedora only provides the engine (ioquake3) and provide a script which
 downloads the datafiles to the users homedir, and launches the engine with all
 the necessary magic options to make it play the game, connect to the right list
 servers, etc.

And here is a list of games which I would recommend to start with adding,
since they are kinda nice / cool:
-auriferous
-ballbuster
-CriticalMass (also known as critter, may already be in Debian under that name)
-lacewing
-maniadrive
-methane
-nogravity
-raidem + music
-vegastrike

I simply compared your list with all games in Debian main with

aptitude search '~sgames', sorted everything, removed -data packages and
games in Debian that live in contrib or non-free.

I probably missed some games but all in all it's something to work with.
Now I have to find out how you managed to get Urban Terror in Fedora. :)

Same way as a bunch of others, we only provide the engine (ioquake3) and
provide a script which downloads the datafiles to the users homedir, and
launches the engine with all the necessary magic options to make it play
urbanterror, connect to the right list servers, etc.

Regards,

Hans