Re: Looking for a sponsor for a new game 'curseofwar'

On 21.07.2013 13:24, Anton Balashov wrote:
> Thanks for new hints.
>
> Yes, I'm subscribed to this mail list. Sorry, forgot to say it...

NP, thanks for your confirmation.

> I agree, that I should to install the game to /usr/games for Debian.
> But I don't understand how can I do that by curseofwar.install file.
> AFAIK, a install file consists of 2 columns: a target and a path for
> install. What target should I set, if the target file doesn't compled
> yet? Should I set the target like
> 'debian/curseofwar/usr/bin/curseofwar' ? Something like:
>
> debian/curseofwar/usr/bin/curseofwar    usr/games
>
> If so, will there /usr/bin/curseofwar after install?
> Yes, we will rewrite Makefile (of configure.sh) for making able to
> cofigure the install bin path, but we can't do that now.

There a multiple ways to handle this. Install files are part of
dh_install, that means you can manually install a file to a different
location like

curseofwar usr/games

would install the binary to usr/games.

However dh_auto_install automatically uses your makefile's install
target and installs the binary to /usr/bin too. Of course you could
remove this second binary in debian/rules but that would be inconvenient.

The easiest way to change your BINDIR variable without touching the
build system is to use an override for dh_auto_install in debian/rules
like that:

override_dh_auto_install:
	make BINDIR=/usr/games

Cheers,