Re: Looking for a sponsor for a new game 'curseofwar'

Hi Anton,

(I'm fairly certain that both Markus and Bas are subscribed to the
list, so removing them from cc.)

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Anton Balashov <sicness@darklogic.ru> wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Bas.
>
>> I can do that.  Let me know when you have fixed the above.
> Done.
> 1. I left the bin in  /usr/bin

The FHS has only deprecated /usr/games, not removed it entirely. More
importantly though, games in Debian still install their binaries to
/usr/games, so this is more about complying to standards set by
existing packages in Debian, rather than fully complying with the FHS.

> 2. Added cureofwar.menu (with a icon :) )
> 3. hardening-no-fortify-functions happens only when I build pkg on my PC. In
> PPA build all ok.

In case you don't already build your packages in a clean chroot, try
building your package with pbuilder/cowbuilder/sbuild and see if this
is still reproducible. Also, grep through your build log to see if
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 is being passed to gcc as part of CPPFLAGS; if
not, it's up to you to massage upstream's build system to use the
standard build flags passed by dpkg-buildflags.

Regards,
Vincent