Re: Next Games Team Meeting

On 04.07.2013 22:18, Barry deFreese wrote:
[...]
> Markus/Pabs,
>
> Great idea.  Since I was out for so long I am wondering how many of the major players are still
> active since then?  One of the reasons I ask that is that a higher overall level I would still
> like a better definition of what the games "team" actually means.

I can only speak for myself. I think being a member of a team is a
cooperative effort to improve something which an individual alone can
never achieve.

I cannot find the page at the moment but there are some mailing list
graphs on the wiki which clearly indicate that the team's prime time was
back in 2008/2009 when you, Gonéri, Miriam, Paul, Jonathan, Ansgar,
Evgeni, Rhonda and other contributors introduced a lot of new games to
Debian.

My point is that there is no absolute definition what a "team" should be
like. In German the term team is also translated into Mannschaft whereas
the second part of the word, "-schaft", is derived from the verb
schaffen meaning to accomplish, to create or managing something. That's
exactly what "team" means to me.

I don't mind if people are focussing only on their packages as long as
they do an outstanding job but i strongly believe that it is more fun to
work together on common problems.

Every Debian team needs sponsors and I am really grateful that you have
returned to this team.

Keep up the good work

Markus