Re: AstroMenace and wheezy-backports

Hi team,

We had a discussion with Dmitry. And now we need more opinions.

>>   What do you think, is it a good idea to prepare astromenace packages for
>>   wheezy-backports?
>  I doubt that based on cost-benefit analysis. :)

I have doubts as well. That's why I am asking.

BTW, which costs do you have in mind? From maintainer point of view: game does
not depend on newest versions of libraries, so its backporting does not
require much time.

>  As per "Basic Rules":
>      "Please only upload package with a noteable userbase. User request
>      for the package may be an indicator."
>
>  IMHO popcon=62 does not qualify for "notable userbase"...

Yes, but this game is not available for wheezy users. Package was uploaded
recently and its popularity is growing each day [1].

>  Besides they rarely ask for games to backport and I'm not sure if
>  backporting games is a common practice...

Yes, I see very few games there [2][3].

[1] http://tinyurl.com/mdmg8pm
[2] http://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/games/
[3] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/games/

Any thoughts about usefulness/uselessness of astromenace game in the
wheezy-backports are welcome.

Best regards,
Boris