Re: Packaging Love2d Games

(replying to myself)

The binfmt_misc bit seems to work,

	# printf :love:E::love::/usr/bin/love: >/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/register
	(or update-binfmts --install love /usr/bin/love --extension love)

but the symlink indirection causes issues

	$ ./mari0_1.6.love
	AL lib: ReleaseALC: 1 device not closed

(i.e., worked)

	$ ./mari0
	invalid file (bad magic number): Exec format error

I.e., didn't.

I think this could conceivably be a kernel bug.  This works

	# update-binfmts --install love2 /usr/bin/love --magic PK
	$ ./mari0

But any .zip you execute would be passed to love, which is too wide. I presume
there isn't another magic number that could be relied upon?

I think the .love stuff is a nice-to-have but the interpreter package should
probably be the one to own/register it. Due to the limitations I think actual
.love packages should provide wrappers in /usr/games.