Re: First Steps. ITA Powder.

On Wed, 06. Feb 19:36 Steven Hamilton <oz@scorch.net> wrote:

> Hi folks,

Welcome on board, Steve!

> As my first steps (well second) to contribute to Debian I'd like to
> adopt the Powder package which has been orphaned. I believe my steps are;
>
> 1)	Change bug to ITA
> 2)	Change ownership in package and upload
>
> My first question is where does it get uploaded? Do I get an account on
> mentors and add it to the looking for sponsors queue or since it's
> listed as being under the auspices of the games team is there another route?

It's easier to review a package if your source package was uploaded to
mentors.debian.net. There is also a nice overview page where you can see
package errors immediately. I believe point 4 here covers it all

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

After that check out

http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS

All the packages of the games team are maintained in a VCS. You can
choose between Subversion or Git. There is also a link on this page
which points you to alioth.debian.org. Once you have created an account
there and joined the team you can upload your package to a VCS.

Regards,

Markus