Re: Offer of help

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Steven Hamilton wrote:

> I've been using Debian since around 1995 (0.93?), had an epiphany about
> Free Software 2 years ago and have spent much of the time since then
> just fiddling with stuff, becoming more free but not really contributing
> much at all. So it's time to change that and start giving back.

Excellent!

> I'm a hobby game developer (C++/SFML), a curmudgeonly gamer in general
>  and also an IT Architect by trade. Helping the games team seems the
>  logical first step for me. I have a technical apititude and intend to
>  learn packaging at some stage and can give a few hours a week. Is there
>  a priority list of stuff that needs doing or should I just jump in, set
>  myself up for packaging/bug fixing and get stuck in?

We have information about this on our wiki pages:

http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Team
http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Development#GetInvolved

For a general introduction to making packages and getting them into Debian:

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

If you encounter any Debian-specific terms you are unfamiliar with:

http://wiki.debian.org/Glossary

--
bye,
pabs