Re: Red Eclipse "missing sources"?

On 17.12.2012 13:08, Martin Erik Werner wrote:
> No, the trademark license/policy of Red Eclipse is something that was
> fixed in the long process of debianizing it, (borrowing a template from
> The Document Foundation and with considerable hints and tips from the
> SFLC), the main binary package which is in contrib uses both the name
> and the logo under the Red Eclipse Trademark Policy (see
> http://redeclipse.net/wiki/Trademark_Policy ) and has been accepted by
> the FTP Masters.

Thanks for the clarification. So the requirement to ship all sources is
the blocker but the definition of "source" in regard to game data seems
to be a grey area.

> It might be a good idea to flesh out the "Why non-free" explanation a
> bit, indeed, I'll see if I can come up with something that's not an
> essay for a future upload :)

That would be great. I'm very interested to know what media content is
considered non-free at the moment. Thanks to Bas by the way for sharing
his point of view. I understand this is a very controversial topic and i
don't expect that the participants on this list will solve it alone.
Nevertheless perhaps we can reach a compromise within the games team or
at least define the requirements for certain kind of game data so it's
easier for starters to make a contribution and to avoid future
confrontations.

Regards,

Markus