Re: Analysis of "Nikki and the Robots" dependencies

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Now the package compiles and runs, and audio and keyboard control works
> fine. Paul, is there anything left to do before uploading?

>From what I can see:

File an ITP

Run the test suite at build time (not sure how yet).

Update sfml-audio, I guess that is waiting on the Haskell transition though.

Do a full copyright/license audit and fill out debian/copyright.

Clean up any lintian warnings on the binary packages. I haven't been
able to look at these since it doesn't build yet.

Decide if the situation with the audio is DFSG-acceptable. Basically
the audio has been produced with a program (bxfr) that cannot be built
in Debian since it uses ActionScript 3 and only builds with non-free
Adobe software. This means it is currently not possible to modify the
audio source files and rebuild them on Debian. Something like csound
might be more appropriate and more flexible.

Figure out how to build the images from source, currently there are no
scripts for that even though the source for (some of?) the images is
in the tarball.

--
bye,
pabs