Re: Please advise if fheroes2 is suitable for non-free?

Hi,

On 03/12/2012 08:39 AM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> I'm just wondering to what extent we can tolerate DFSG incompatible licenses
> in non-free, like non-commercial license of fheroes2.

That's what non-free is all about.

> Splitting AI to separate package is not feasible for this game and building
> without AI, although technically possible, makes the game nearly worthless.

I assume you would have to link the non-commercial AI with the GPL game
engine?  You would not be able to distribute the resulting binaries as
the GPL does not allow licensing part of the program under a
GPL-incompatible license.

Regards,
Ansgar