Re: Please review packaging of clanlib2

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Andreas Moog wrote:

> For the first Upload, I intend to use -c0 to get access to the
> dpkg-gensymbols generated diffs in the buildlogs so I can update them as
> appropriate. After the symbols files are updated to match all
> architectures, the override will be dropped.

Fair enough I suppose. Personally I would just drop the symbols,
looking at the output of c++filt I get things from libstdc++ appearing
in the output.

> Yes. What is the recommended course of action as the Debian packager?
> (Besides contacting upstream of course)

In megaglest-data, we do this:

        # Replace duplicate files with symlinks
        rdfind -outputname /dev/null -makesymlinks true debian/megaglest-data/
        # Fix those symlinks to make them relative
        symlinks -r -s -c debian/megaglest-data/

> Should I run a tool like 'hardlink' on the installed files?

There are apparently some filesystems (such as OpenAFS) that don't
support hardlinks, so I would suggest symlinks instead, see above.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise