Re: Please review packaging of clanlib2

On 05.03.2012 01:11, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Andreas Moog wrote:
>
>> Fabien Givors and me have been working on getting clanlib2 into Debian.
>> The result can be seen at
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-games/libclanlib2.git;a=summary
>>
>> If you have the time, I'd like to ask for a review of the packaging, any
>> comment will be appreciated!
>
> I don't do git for packaging, but I would like to review it, so please
> upload a Debian source package to mentors.debian.net.

Mentors doesn't accept my package for some reason, so I put it on my own
webspace:

dget -x http://www.warperbbs.de/packages/clanlib2_2.3.5-1.dsc

> I also wonder if it should replace the existing clanlib source package
> instead of being a completely new source package.

Good question. I thought due to the non-trivial changes to the API/ABI
it would be better to use a new source package name. But seeing that
there is only 1 rdepends (trophy) to the old clanlib, it makes more
sense to reuse the existing source package name. I'll write to the
current maintainers/uploaders.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,

  Andreas