RE: Please review packaging of clanlib2

[snip]

> Upstream appears to be enabling SSE2 where it is available on the
> build machine. On i386 this means clanlib2 based games will crash on
> machines without SSE2. For Linux distros, clanlib should build with
> the baseline CPU instructions supported by the port.

(I am not involved with the packaging of ClanLib, but develop the SDK as a hobby over the past few years)

This is problem. I am not sure how other packages fix this.

The ClanLib main components (clanCore, clanDisplay, clanGL, clanGL1, clanSound) optionally use SSE2 to improve performance (using intrinsic's)

The ClanLib OpenGL software renderer (clanSWRender) only supports SSE2. It would be too slow to not use SSE2 (this is why it has not been ported)

clanSound will have a drop in performance on non SSE2 builds. I am unsure if it would be usable on older CPU's, since it uses floating points for sample manipulation.

The options:

1) drop clanSWRender and disable SSE2.   This would mean that ClanLib would only work on OpenGL 1.3 and above.

2) Add a SSE2 prerequisite to the clanLib package