Re: Games Team's opinion on "Team uploads"

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Juhani Numminen
<juhaninumminen0@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is a rather short paragraph about Team uploads in Developers
> Reference:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu-team-upload
>
> I would like to ask, does one have to add his/her name to Uploaders when
> doing that kind of team upload?

It's up to you whether you want to include your name as an Uploader or
not, however note that Policy 5.6.3 requires at least one human
uploader with a valid email address listed in the Uploaders field in a
team-maintained package.

>> If it conforms with your team's policy, you can perform a normal
>> upload without being listed directly as Maintainer or Uploader.
>
> Does this actually conform? The following is what our wiki pages say:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Policy#uploading_packages
>> Set the Maintainer field to "Debian Games Team
>> <pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>" and add yourself to the
>> Uploaders field.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Guidelines#Uploading
>> If you want to add yourself to the packages Uploaders, mention
>> that in your notification and do so if nobody objects.
> This hints that adding name to Uploaders in optional.
>
> I think that it should not be necessary to add name to Uploaders, if
> not intended to help the package in question regularly.

If you intend on maintaining the package (rather than it being an
one-time upload to fix a RC bug, for example), putting your name in
Uploaders would be a good idea.

Regards,
Vincent