Re: Paths in the default mame config file

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 01:02:38AM +0100, Cesare Falco wrote:
> Il 31/10/2012 17:12, Simon McVittie ha scritto:
> >If the MAME (upstream) developers are willing to handle XDG_CONFIG_HOME
> >according to the XDG Base Directory specification, great. If not, I
> Unfortunately, I'm afraid they're not, as Mame is now a
> cross-platform project and this would break portability between
> different OS's (and most developers work on Windows).

This doesn't make sense to me. Presumably they have platform-specific code.
Can the XDG_* handling stuff not be in that?  What breaks if different
platforms use different directories for this stuff? Most Windows programs use
%USERPROFILE%/AppData or something of that ilk.  Obviously that won't work on
Linux.