Re: Status of FreeOrion [was: Suitable games]

On 4 October 2012 17:43, Markus Koschany <apo@gambaru.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 04. Oct 01:45 Marko Lindqvist <cazfi74@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  FYI I've built packages suitable for my own use (want to install
>> stuff to system directories only via debs so once it's time to remove
>> it, it's properly taken care of instead of me to manually forgetting
>> to remove some obscure file). I don't have time to make these packages
>> of official package quality - they are "works for me" and that's it,
>> but I can make them (source packages) available if someone wants them.
>>
> This game sounds interesting. I'd be happy if you could make your source
> packages available. Maybe they are a good starting point for my own
> packages.
>
> To get FreeOrion into Debian one has to package libgigi and bullet as
> well. But it seems the Nvidia toolkit isn't required anymore which was
> the major blocker in the past. [1]

 Yes, the only parts not available from debian repositories were
libbullet (I have packaged version of it myself), libgigi, and
freeorion itself.

 Turned out that my debian -directory for freeorion requires freeorion
checkout. I tried to make source package out of svn export, and cmake
complained about not being in svn checkout. Bullet and libgigi source
packages are available from http://build.cazfi.net/deb/src
 I'll make debian directory of my freeorion packaging available somehow.

 One thing you may find hard to implement properly is that you have to
generate config file containing path to correct ogre plugin directory.
It's not only multiarch issue (I've taken care of that part) but
directory name seems to have also version number of the installed ogre
version in it: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/OGRE-1.7.4/

 - ML