Re: Should we have some NMU/commiting guidelines?

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 19:24 +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2012/3/20 Martin Erik Werner <martinerikwerner@gmail.com>:
(...)
> > Should DDs and pkg-games members who want to improve packages..
> >
> > 1. Contact maintainer before committing?
>
> In my opinion, yes, both the maintainer(s) set as uploaders and the
> list itself, so that other members of the team are also aware.

Are you saying here that we should contact AND wait for an ACK before
commiting? Or merely notify but not wait for response: "Hey maint+list,
I committed a fix for foo, FYI, I can revert if you don't like it."?

Likewise for uploading, should one ask about an 'OK' before uploading,
or just notify when the upload is being done?

I have started a wiki page at
http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS/Guidelines

As of now I have written it based on:
* Info in debian/README.source overrides guidelines
* Ask but don't wait for 'OK' before commiting
* Ask and wait for 'OK' before uploading
  - If no answer -> NMU/MIA

Note that these are picked based on my interpretation and compromise of
the comments so far, it's just a draft.

Please feel free to edit and discuss!

--
Martin Erik Werner <martinerikwerner@gmail.com>