Re: Commit access for DDs to pkg-games?

Martin Erik Werner, 2012-03-06 17:17:13 +0100 :

> Hello,
> I've been pinging about this issue before, but I've not managed to get
> it resolved, sorry if it's duplicated noise.
>
> The Debian Games Team would like to enable DDs commit access to all
> pkg-games repositories, as was decided at our last meeting[0]
>
> I have been told that the normal way to set this up is using an
> "External Role" for the project, but when one of our project admins
> (Clint) tried this it turned out that pkg-games does not use a standard
> Alioth setup, and that using external roles did not work.

Actually, the "Debian" external role didn't work because it's so large
it triggers an OOM error for PHP, but I temporarily increased the memory
limit and added the required permissions to it.  It should now work, as
in "all DDs should automatically be members of the scm_pkg-games Unix
group".

> Reading the Alioth FAQ[1], it seems that there are other issues with ACL
> and gicing DDs write acces, is it in fact this issue we are running
> into?
>
> Hence,
> Is it possible to set this up without using external roles?

  It can be done with ACLs, but that would be manual.

> Is it possible to switch the pkg-games project to use a standard layout
> and be able to make use of external roles (if this is indeed the
> problem)?

  I'm not sure what exactly is non-standard about this project.  A
casual glance didn't show anything obvious.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Un clavier azerty en vaut deux.