Commit access for DDs to pkg-games?

Hello,
I've been pinging about this issue before, but I've not managed to get
it resolved, sorry if it's duplicated noise.

The Debian Games Team would like to enable DDs commit access to all
pkg-games repositories, as was decided at our last meeting[0]

I have been told that the normal way to set this up is using an
"External Role" for the project, but when one of our project admins
(Clint) tried this it turned out that pkg-games does not use a standard
Alioth setup, and that using external roles did not work.

Reading the Alioth FAQ[1], it seems that there are other issues with ACL
and gicing DDs write acces, is it in fact this issue we are running
into?

Hence,
Is it possible to set this up without using external roles?
Is it possible to switch the pkg-games project to use a standard layout
and be able to make use of external roles (if this is indeed the
problem)?

[0]
http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-games/2011/debian-games.2011-11-26-09.59.html
[1] http://titanpad.com/yyhfwA9Pyr
"My VCS repository lacks the Debian ACL, can you add it?
The ACL should be replaced by some FusionForge integrated mechanism to
grant rights to external roles. There's already a "Debian Developer"
role that you can use for this purpose but due to a bug, you cannot yet
fix the rights associated to that external role (and thus you can't
grant write rights)."

--
Martin Erik Werner <martinerikwerner@gmail.com>