Re: Debian Games Team Screnshotting Party

On 04/02/2012, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
>> are you guys aware of the Games Blends pages[1]? If yes you might like
>> to use these to detect screen-shotting targets as well (for instance
>> looking at Debian Games Roguelike Games[2]).
>>
>> HINT, HINT, HINT: Please maintain the according tasks files to make even
>> more profit from its advantages.  It's not that long ago that I proposed
>> this here[3] however, with no visible effect.
>
>> [1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/games/tasks
>>
>>                                                               [2]
>> http://blends.alioth.debian.org/games/tasks/roguelike
>> [3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2011/11/msg00047.html
>
> It appears that these folks are the only games team members who have
> commit access to the blends repository:
>
> Jonas Smedegaard <js@debian.org>
> Chris Carr <magnate-guest>
> Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org>
> Steffen Möller <moeller@debian.org>
> Ben Armstrong <synrg@debian.org>
> Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
>
> Jonas, Miriam, Ben are all to busy (I think) to help with this.
>
> Steffen's last pkg-games SVN commit was in 2009, I think it is safe to
> say that he is no longer interested in games stuff.
>
> Chris doesn't appear to have made any commits to pkg-games.

This is true, I have not. I have been trying to do things in what
seemed like a sensible order to me:

1. Get a sponsor/mentor
2. Get updated angband packages corrected and uploaded
3. Migrate angband packages to the pkg-games repository
4. Get more involved in games team and blends stuff, package more
roguelikes etc.

Unfortunately over the past three years I've been stuck cycling from
stages 1 to 2 and back again. Twice now I have had a really helpful
sponsor, and twice that person has vanished from the face of the
earth. So either I am just really unlucky, or I am somehow very
irritating to sponsor!

I've just had my angband-audio package removed from m.d.n after 12
weeks of not finding a sponsor. This is the second time it has been
uploaded, not sponsored and removed.

I'm sorry for my lack of involvement so far. I am really hoping to
make the leap from painful noob to self-powered DM, but I still need
help.

CC