O: frozen-bubble -- Pop out the bubbles!

Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

I am hereby orphaning the frozen-bubble package. The new SDL Perl
bindings require an update of frozen-bubble to version 2.2.1~beta1.
However in this version, in order to support Windows, upstream decided
to switch to a NIH build system that needs Perl modules to run perl
scripts to generate perl makefiles that run perl scripts that finally
build a perl program.
<Insert here a picture of DiCaprio frowning.>
  PERLCEPTION

Maintaining this game has been a lot of fun but it obviously needs to be
passed on to someone who knows how to maintain NIH perl build systems.
I certainly do not intend to maintain new CPAN modules just for a build
system.

The package description is:
 Frozen-Bubble is a clone of the popular "Puzzle Bobble" game, in which
 you attempt to shoot bubbles into groups of the same color to cause them
 to pop. It features 100 single-player levels, a two-player mode, music
 and striking graphics.
 .
 This game is widely rumored to be responsible for delaying the Woody
 release.

I have put an updated version of the packaging in collab-maint’s SVN
repository, so anyone feel free to pick it up and start over.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :