RE: Clanlib2.3 in debian?

> Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:42:31 +0800
> Subject: Re: Clanlib2.3 in debian?
> From: pabs@debian.org
> To: debian-devel-games@lists.debian.org; nozzy123nozzy@gmail.com
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:54 AM, Andreas Moog wrote:
>
> > I saw that there were tries to get clanlib in to Debian [1].
> >
> > I want to get that effort going so I'd like to know if you remember any
> > issues there may have been in the past? Was there a special reason why
> > the packaging effort was dropped?
>
> We already have clanlib1.
>
> Are there any free games that support clanlib2?
>
> What is your motivation wrt clanlib2?

I am a core developer of ClanLib.

Yes, if I remember correctly, the main reason the nobody has packaged ClanLib 2 for debian, is that there are few free games that require it.

Although I believe that there is a package for fedora (since I have personally received a XLib related patch for it)

(Myself, I use ClanLib on the Microsoft Windows platform)

The games that use ClanLib are: http://clanlib.org/wiki/Projects_using_ClanLib

If someone does decide to package ClanLib, it is advisable to use ClanLib 2.3.5 (In SVN, soon to be released). If contains a minor XLib focus patch any few other minor fixes.