Re: RFS: trophy (New upstream)

On 07.02.2012 01:51, Paul Wise wrote:
> Here is a review:

Thank you very much for this extensive review!

> If you contact upstream at all as a result of the review below, please
> point them at these docs:

Done.

> You may want to run wrap-and-sort -s and manually wrap and sort the
> Debian menu file.

Done.

> Please add --parallel to the dh arguments, otherwise you are ignoring
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=parallel=n.

Done.

> Please ask upstream to use run-time rendering of text using available
> system TrueType fonts, since that allows for i18n. Seems like clanlib
> supports this:

This is already on the TODO list.

> The package descriptions of the -data and -dbg packages describe the
> main package instead of themselves. See warzone2100 for an example of
> how to do this.

Done. Previously there was an extra line at the end of those packages to
describe them.

> The package descriptions have some slightly awkward grammar, you might
> want to get debian-l10n-english to review them.

I updated the description a bit after a suggestion on that list.

> Please get the manual page included upstream.

Forwarded.

> debian/trophy.xpm is different to the upstream trophy.png. I would
> suggest that debian/trophy.xpm should be created at build time, maybe
> using imagemagick. This way it will always be up-to-date.

Done.

> How about adding a longtitle to debian/trophy.menu? You can copy it
> from the Comment in the trophy.desktop file.

Done.

> A lot of the source code and data doesn't have any copyright notices
> or license grants, you might want to get upstream to add those.

Asked upstream to add them for the next release.

> The following files didn't get installed in any package. In addition
> they are installed in the wrong paths.
>
> /usr/share/games/applications/trophy.desktop
> /usr/share/games/icons/trophy.png

Manually added them to trophy.install to install them in the correct places.

> desktop-file-validate warning:
>
> resources/trophy.desktop: warning: value
> "Application;Game;ArcadeGame;" for key "Categories" in group "Desktop
> Entry" contains a deprecated value "Application"

Forwarded to bugtracker, I think it doesn't warrant a distribution patch.

> gcc warnings to forward/fix upstream:

Same.

An updated version has been pushed to mentors and in the git repository.

Thanks for any further comments.

Cheers,
  Andreas