Re: Speed Dreams package?

On 22/01/12 02:53, Rudy Godoy Guillén wrote:
Hi,

I'm the maintainer for Torcs. From what I've observed there were proposals to
remove torcs in favor of SD. On one hand I've noticed SD development a bit
stagnated[1] after the forking process. In the past I've been contacted by few
people regarding the subject but to date there's no follow-up from their side.

Currently Torcs development is active again[2], after a while, and they are
including patches that I've forwarded in the past. I hold the position that
eventually we should offer both and, if only if there's active development on
SD and no development on Torcs I'd favor/help on the transition.

1- http://sourceforge.net/projects/speed-dreams/stats/scm?repo=SVNRepository
2- http://sourceforge.net/projects/torcs/stats/scm?repo=CVSRepository

ps: I still have to move packaging bits to -games collab repo. So anyone
interested on helping can just do so.

Hello, Rudy.
SD is being actively developed. But as you said, one game doesn't exclude the other.
I have just suggested at https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/speed-dreams/ticket/509 that if someone from
the SD team will spend time deb packaging it then, from what I understand, the effort should go towards
helping maintaining it for Debian.