Re: can somebody do a nmu of freedroidrpg 0.15

2012/1/8 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> Freedroidrpg 0.15 was released few weeks back. Somebody already did
> some packaging of freedroidrpg as in bug 653924. Guess just needs that
> and an upload/diff of the biggish freedroidrpg-data which contains all
> the models and things.
>
> I tried to find if I could find any recent activity of Mr. Bart
> Martens (the current maintainer of the package) but failed to find
> any, but then again its possible that my google fu and debian fu
> skills may be short.
>
> Please lemme know if anybody has any luck getting this to speed.

A new upstream release is not appropriate for an NMU:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu

Instead, if the maintainer is inactive, the package can be orphaned
and a new maintainer can take over it.

Bart Martens has been active relatively recently tho so orphaning the
package is not appropriate either.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2011/12/msg00005.html

--
bye,