Re: Proposed Debian Games meeting #5, August 6-12

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 04:21:15PM +0700, michael kapelko wrote:

> 1.4. guus to talk about full-screen behaviour on games@lists.freedesktop.org
> 1.5. guus talk about documentation browser (either in-game or
> out-of-game) on games@lists.freedesktop.org

I started both discussions, there was some interesting feedback. I will make
wiki pages on freedesktop.org soon, summarising the results. In the next
meeting we should discuss what to do after this. Talk to upstream game
developers, to see what they think? Write patches for libraries such as SDL, to
make it easier for developers to have their game behave the right way?

As for the suggestion of using xdg-open to start a browser in the desktop for
the documentation; I tried this on my own computer. Running xdg-open on a
manpage started notepad.exe (I'm not kidding, apparently Wine registered it as
being able to read text files somewhere, and it got chosen), and xdg-open on a
PDF file started the Gimp. I didn't investigate too much whether I did
something wrong myself or not, but I might have to file some bugs, this is
clearly suboptimal behaviour.

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>