Re: Proposed Debian Games meeting #5, August 6-12

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:21 AM, michael kapelko wrote:

> I've created a timeslot poll for the 5th Debian games meetings here:
> http://www.doodle.com/6i5488txu32d7c97
> The suggested time for August 6-7 is 5am - 4pm UTC, and for August
> 8-12 : 12pm - 4pm UTC.

I'm likely to be travelling during these times so I don't know if I
will be able to join the meeting and thus did not fill out the poll.

> Agenda for the meeting (from http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Meetings/2011-08-XX):

Looks good.

> 1. Action items from last meeting
> 1.3. pabs to investigate lintian warnings about deprecated FHS games paths

Not yet started.

> 1.6. pabs to start a discussion on the list about extending debtags,
> documenting the discussion on the wiki and talking to the debtags
> maintainers about adding the new tags

Discussion started, needs more contributions if we are going to give
debtags people a proposal.

In case I don't make it to the meeting, here is my opinion on these matters:

> 2. Giving all DDs commit access? There are alioth issues with this but
> when those are fixed, should we do it?

Yes please.

> 3. Do a session on #debian-meeting? This would be about training,
> answering questions and more.

Yes please.

> 4. Pleft is an Open Source alternative to Doodle, albeit missing the
> local timezone option

It would be great if someone could compare the event creation process
with Doodle and be prepared to report about that during the meeting.

> 5. Use XZ compression for data packages (and maybe others?) [ansgar]

For extra large packages that sounds like a win as long as the archive
and apt/dpkg in squeeze support it.

> 6. How to package a game if it depends on unstable/unreleased versions
> of non-standard libraries? Currently OGS Mahjong depends on unstable
> branch of OGRE and the latest CEGUI release. The problem is that CEGUI
> must be specifically compiled for OGRE to work with it. [kornerr]

Sounds like something that should go to experimental?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise