RFS: Liero, and friends

(Please also
Cc: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
on reply I'm resending it here since I mistyped the d-d-g address -_-)

Dear DGTers and mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my packages "liero", "liero-data", and
"gvl"

 * Package name    : liero
   Version         : 1.35~b2+20100124.1-1
   Upstream Authors: Erik Lindroos ("Gliptic") <gliptic@gmail.com>,
"basro"
 * URL             : http://code.google.com/p/liero
 * License         : BSD-2-Clause
   Section         : contrib/games

 * Package name    : liero-data
   Version         : 1.33-1
   Upstream Author : Mets„nEl„imet (Joosa Riekkinen)
 * URL             : http://www.liero.be
 * License         : "freeware", BSD-3-Clause, WTFPL
   Section         : non-free/games

 * Package name    : gvl
   Version         : 0~20100124.1-1
   Upstream Author : Erik Lindroos ("Gliptic") <gliptic@gmail.com>
 * URL             : https://code.google.com/p/gvl/
 * License         : BSD-2-Clause
   Section         : libs

They build these binary packages:

liero - earthworm simulation game based on a real physical model
liero-data - original binary data for Liero
libgvl0-dev - collection of versatile support libraries for C++
              this is a build-dependency of liero.

The packages are available at debexpo/mentors:
  http://mentors.debian.net/package/liero
  dget -x
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/l/liero/liero_1.35~b2
+20100124.1-1.dsc

  http://mentors.debian.net/package/liero-data
  dget -x
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/non-free/l/liero-data/liero-data_1.33-1.dsc

  http://mentors.debian.net/package/gvl
  dget -x
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gvl/gvl_0~20100124.1-1.dsc

They are also available in git:
  http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-games/liero.git;a=summary
  git clone git://git.debian.org/pkg-games/liero.git

  http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-games/liero-data.git;a=summary
  git clone git://git.debian.org/pkg-games/liero-data.git

  http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-games/gvl.git;a=summary
  git clone git://git.debian.org/pkg-games/gvl.git

A few notes:
gvl is a bit of a beast, I have inquired upstream and the response was
that gvl
is likely to change in incompatible ways frequently and without warning
(as is
the current case where an old revision is needed to compile liero) and
hence it
is, and will likely remain unversioned as far as upstream is concerned.

gvl also is very specific to liero, and afaik nothing else uses (or
would want
to use) it, it does, as far as I can tell, reinvent the wheel a bit here
and
there, but is specialized enough not to be easily replacable, without, I
would
assume, rewriting liero itself.

liero reads it's data from the original LIERO binary blobs, hence why
I'm
stuffing old DOS binaries in non-free here.

The license of the original LIERO files are a result of me nagging
upstream and
contacting the author of some embedded code in there (which aren't used,
but
trying to zero-out the relevant bits from the binaries is something I
did not
want to try).

I have written and icluded (via patches) a dedicated module to handle
the
separation of $HOME/.liero and /usr/share/games/liero (and forwarded it
upstream).

Lintian:
P: {all} unversioned-copyright-format-uri
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
   This is something I intentionally use until the final URI is set
because I don't like using
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=dbnpolicy/policy.git;a=blob;f=copyright-format/copyright-format.xml;h=e854c2a1464c842bcbb3262847607b5697d02503;hb=HEAD

I would be glad if someone reviewed and, if they look ok, uploaded these
packages for me.

Kind regards,
--
Martin Erik Werner <martinerikwerner@gmail.com>