Re: megaglest package

Hi Pabs, the changes have started (some commited in svn).

I have done the following:

- updated all copyrights that i could manually compare
- embedded fonts are rm'd in the data packages rule file
- megaglest-data builds find for me (perhaps due to changes committed
now in svn? Please confirm)
- the file intro_music3.ogg is actually not used and was mistakenly left
in the data archive (the rules file delete is on install)
- megaglest/debian/TODO still applies
- megaglest/debian/README.Debian still applies
- email sent to people in Uploaders if they are still interested in
glest/megaglest
- The deps config is done the same way as seen in warzone2100, re:
I'm not sure if these megaglest dependencies are a good idea since
> megaglest and megaglest-data are different source packages:
>
>  megaglest-data (>= ${source:Upstream-Version}),
>  megaglest-data (<= ${source:Version})

- libxml2 dep fix to libxml2-dev
- You said:
I wonder if the fonts used in all the loading screens are DFSG-free or
> if the screens in general are possible to modify and re-render.
Reply: All fonts used already exist in debian, so i assume they are DFSG.
- You said:
> Why do you use a custom format for translations instead of standard gettext?
Reply: Yes Glest (and MegaGlest) use their own translation system (utf-8 text files)

Questions I have:

- embedded flags, where would i find those on a debian system?
  (on my sid system running the following returns nothing: find /usr
-name "cz.png")
- could i provide the data source as an additional seperate debian
package (like megaglest-data-source) or would that be a bad idea? What
do other games do?
- You said:
Please merge the UNRELEASED changelog entries. Best use dch to edit
> them, with these options in ~/.devscripts:
>
> export DEBCHANGE_RELEASE_HEURISTIC=changelog
> export DEBCHANGE_MULTIMAINT_MERGE=yes
>
> The DEP-5 machine-readable copyright format is not yet finalised, but
> it would be nice to use it.
How do I do this??
- You said:
>The Indian faction has been merged into megaglest already, #457230
> needs to be closed in megaglest-data/debian/changelog.
How do I do this?