Re: sumwars and wolf4sdl

at bottom :-

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 03:49, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo
<manuel.montezelo@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/11/6 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
>> hi all,
>>  With the recent library updates, while it is easy to compile and run
>> sumwars on the desktop, it would be nice to be able to have a binary
>> for sumwars. Manuel did ITP it (again) about a month ago but nothing
>> after that. Manuel are you waiting for a specific version of sumwars
>> to package or what ? See
>
> My packages are here (from a revision a few days back):
> http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~mafm/deb/sumwars/
>
> But there are pending issues that make it non-DFSG, mostly a fonts at
> this point. I wrote about this in a post in their forum and removed
> some of the "offending" fonts.  All that I can do regarding the
> remaining problematic fonts is to remove them from the source
> packages, and patch the GUI-definition files using the fonts for other
> generic fonts already in Debian.  The result, the in-game menus and
> messages, might look a bit "crippled", though.
>
> Other than that, since I recategorised RFP->ITP the bug I've been
> doing lots of things, like creating "make install" targets, refurbish
> a lot of upstream code to use paths in /usr/share/games/sumwars/...
> rather than locally installed data, and things like that.  It's not as
> if I was waiting sitting and doing nothing :-)

apologies then. A link to the post in the sumwars forum would have been good.

I'm looking forward to playing the game once its in the archives. Its
been too long since I did hack and slash which had a semblance of a
story too. (an rpg)

> Cheers.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17