Re: sumwars and wolf4sdl

2011/11/6 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
> hi all,
>  With the recent library updates, while it is easy to compile and run
> sumwars on the desktop, it would be nice to be able to have a binary
> for sumwars. Manuel did ITP it (again) about a month ago but nothing
> after that. Manuel are you waiting for a specific version of sumwars
> to package or what ? See

My packages are here (from a revision a few days back):
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~mafm/deb/sumwars/

But there are pending issues that make it non-DFSG, mostly a fonts at
this point. I wrote about this in a post in their forum and removed
some of the "offending" fonts.  All that I can do regarding the
remaining problematic fonts is to remove them from the source
packages, and patch the GUI-definition files using the fonts for other
generic fonts already in Debian.  The result, the in-game menus and
messages, might look a bit "crippled", though.

Other than that, since I recategorised RFP->ITP the bug I've been
doing lots of things, like creating "make install" targets, refurbish
a lot of upstream code to use paths in /usr/share/games/sumwars/...
rather than locally installed data, and things like that.  It's not as
if I was waiting sitting and doing nothing :-)

Cheers.