Re: Analysis of "Nikki and the Robots" dependencies

On 11/02/2011 12:57 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Joachim Breitner wrote:

Build-Dependencies are also in place now, once the copyright file is
there we can upload the package.

Hmm, some of the audio is generated by a program that requires Adobe
Flash&  Adobe AIR, we therefore cannot modify the audio source and
regenerate the audio using only tools in Debian main. I wonder if this
means it will have to go to contrib instead?

I see. Of course, I cannot say much about Debian's policies on this, but I'll talk to Iwan, who did most of the sounds. Maybe, we can figure something out.

These level files look like they need a pretty-printer run over them
too. Are they obfuscated?

No, this is just the output of Haskell's "show"-function. That's some kind of simple and stupid serialisation in Haskell. They are not meant to be read or edited by humans.

Some of the PNG files claim to be generated by the GIMP, are there XCF
sources for them?

For some, there are. It would be some effort, but we could include them in the repo.

Some of the PNG files contain text, would it be possible for them to
be rendered at build time so the text can be changed if need be?

We are planning to render these texts at runtime, once we create translated versions.

Some of the PNG files are just resized versions, would it be better to
resize those at build time?

Are you referring to the progam icons (data/png/icon-*.png)? If yes: These are not just resized versions of each other.

Hope that answers some questions.

Cheers,
Sönke

(I am not subscribed, so please cc me!)