Re: Analysis of "Nikki and the Robots" dependencies

Hi all!

On 11/01/2011 07:05 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> [...]
Sönke, is there a particular version you’d prefer us to upload to
Debian, instead of just an arbitrary random darcs snapshot? In that
case, put it on http://code.joyridelabs.de/tarballs/ and tell us about
it.

Well, I think, we could do a version bump, even if it's only for the debian package. Preferably, the debian version would be the same as one of our releases. My estimate is, that we will do the next minor release this month. Is there some kind of deadline from debian's side?

I am not that familiar with debian processes, so here are some questions about that:

1. Will the package be in unstable first? Or in experimental? Or somewhere else?

2. I understand, that in "stable" packages are not updated to newer versions (except for security and stability fixes). As our game is still in development, there will be more or less frequent updates. Are there branches that are more suitable for this situation?

Thanks for the efforts, you all put into this. We at joyridelabs are grateful.

Cheers,
Sönke

(I am not subscribed, so please cc me!)