Re: Modern OpenGL free documentation

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:19:21AM +0200, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:32:27AM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > If you've got Free introductory information about OpenGL 2, can you
> > add the links to the wikibook page or send them here?  I'll check them
> > out.
>
> Hm, everything I knew is not really Free. But if I find something I will.

OK.  If you've got recommendations for high-quality non-free material
I'm interested as well, there can be some good ideas to pick.

> I've mainly used OpenGL for scientific data visualisation. One of the
> advantages of OpenGL 2.0 is that it becomes very easy to send images or
> datapoints to the GPU without any modification, and have it render it exactly
> how you want. I'll add simple examples from my own work, that I think
> illustrate the usefulness of VBOs and shaders, to the wiki when I have some
> time, and let you know.

Wow, that'd be just great!

I'm looking forward to seeing your examples.  It would be very
valuable to show what can be done with OpenGL in other fields than
gaming.

--
Sylvain