Re: RFS: zdoom

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 11:22:14PM +0100, Johey Shmit wrote:
> [ fmod ]:
> |  Thanks for writing.  We're ok with the basic .so being distributed as part of the game
> |  but we prefer to have the SDK hosted on our own website to make sure new versions
> |  get released regularly rather than have other old versions with known issues hosted on
> |  external sites (and not updated).

> Any idea what can be done about this?

That's an interesting situation.   Essentially to comply with their wishes, you
would need to have a source bundle of zdoom + fmod.   The fmod .so should
probably be installed to a private directory in the binary package. That
*might* be permissible in non-free.  Does anyone else on the list have an
opinion?

--
Jon Dowland