Re: brainstorm: expanding debtags for gaming?

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Karl Goetz wrote:

> In that case we have a lot more options.
>
> As a side thought, along with :network and :local, do we have any games
> that would benefit from :hotseat ?

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I've seen one, but no names come to mind.

> anyway, i'd like to suggest the :realtime, :turnbased and :hotseat to
> go under ::strategy :)

I think you could have non-strategy based hotseat games, same for the
other two (jumpnbump for realtime).

Also, I wonder how to represent input requirements.

For example, MTCatchShake requires a multi-touch capable device and a
motion sensor:

http://projects.developer.nokia.com/MTCatchShake

Where as something like chromium-bsu you can use any of touchpad,
mouse, keyboard (harder), touchscreen (annoying SDL issues).

There there are cases like xgalaga working on touch-screen-only
devices but not being able to enter your high scrore nickname.

So for gaming we have:

play types (single, multi etc)
genre (strategy etc)
input (touch, mouse etc)