Re: cegui library for ogre

On Friday 08 July 2011 21:18:16 shirish शिरीष wrote:

> (cegui-mk2 - please provide ceguiogrerenderer)
>
> This report is interesting as it seems that the person has the same
> request as mine. Perhaps my wishlist bug could be merged with his,
> also he has provided a bit more info. and seems to have quite a bit of
> technical knowledge as well.

Yes, I also think that this report is spot-on, and that the CEGUI maintainer
in Debian should do that if possible, and upload the 0.7 package to
unstable.

> Well, is there anything I could do to help with the above. I could
> download and build it locally if that helps in anyway.

You can try to convince the maintainer, or offer him help to comaintain the
package (so you create the new revision and he uploads it for you).

If he doesn't reply within a few weeks, you can also take the .deb already
created for 0.7, modify it to ship this component and find an sponsor via
debian-mentors mailing list (probably there's a wiki page or something
explaining the procesS).

I could help you with some of this since I am also interested in getting
Summoning Wars into Debian (and already poked the maintainer for this to
happen), but at the moment I am busy with many personal issues, including
moving to another job in another corner of the continent...

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>