Re: ITP/NMU: assaultcube assaultcube-data

On 06/05/11 09:16, Guillem Jover wrote:
Hi!

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 04:48:05 +0100, Arand Nash wrote:
Current version of assaultcube in Debian is quite outdated and it
also seems that the masterserver for the old 1.0 version which are
in Debian have been shut down[1].

I hope that this is in order and that I'm not stepping on the toes
of anyone with plans to do this update in the near future.

If you are going to prepare a new upstream release, you might want to
verify it's still DFSG compliant, and take care of #613330 too.

thanks,
guillem

I think this makes it strictly non-free:

(...)
|additional clause specific to Cube:
 |
|4. Source versions may not be "relicensed" under a different license
|   without my explicitly written permission.

I've asked what this cause actually implies for cube derivatives, but the current cube 1 developers doesn't know, and I'm not sure if the original developers care at all.

Unless I do get a lucky response, it will probably not be possible to get cube 1 in contrib as far as I see it, are there currently other cube 1-based games that are?
(Note sauerbraten is cube 2 which lacks this clause).

- arand