Re: Ogre3d : Upstream paths have changed and the licensing has changed

Hello,

> > Of course, mid october was relatively late in the freeze process so it
> > won't get into the next stable.  But it also didn't get approved for
> > unstable because FTP-masters don't want to consider it for some reason
> > (probably because they don't care for package that won't go into
> > stable).
>
> Man, that is crazy. If not also the next stable then when ? I was
> hoping that this can be done quickly so I can ask about the CEGUI
> library to be packaged as well and ultimately get a nice little game
> called 'sumwars' in Debian. Please see http://www.sumwars.org/ . Now
> from your mail I'm disheartened as I wouldn't be able to play this
> same on GNU/Linux Debian.

You already have seen what Simon replied, so getting the new package into
the repositories is not so easy.

Coincidentially, I filed a ITP (intend-to-package) bug [1] precisely with
Summoning Wars game that you refer, that's why I intended to take care of
Ogre.  I also poked a couple of times to the CEGUI maintainer, but he didn't
update CEGUI yet.

Maybe it would be easier to port the game to OpenSceneGraph, at least those
libraries are up to date in Debian :b

> Also this perks up another question. Sometimes I read some of the
> Debian developer logs and in one of those blog moments, somebody said
> about Debian moving to GIT http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git . Would
> that move/workflow make things easier/faster for the end guy like me
> overall ? I mean that is the idea right.

Don't know anything about this or how this could help you.

> Cool, but I don't know about source package installation. Also it
> wouldn't help me in anyway till both those packages are of recent
> version and the game is in. I don't know if the game has been put up.
> My bare attempts  at p.d.o. to finding the same does not find
> anything.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=sumwars&searchon=names&suite=a
> ll&section=all
>
> Hoping to get more information and what I as a user could do to help
> the process along (if anything) .

Replied above...

Cheers.
--